Tuesday, April 01, 2008

somebody call guinness!

Lately the little man hasn't been napping too much. But it's not like he hasn't needed them. Lately, he's been acting a little, I don't know, shall we say, CRAZY? Very over-tired, going from slap-happy silly to an emotional wreck at the drop of a hat -- the kind of craziness where he's slapping himself in the face then crying over the fact that he just drew the perfect R. No, really. That and he's drinking a lot of juice.

So today when I put him upstairs for his nap, and he told me he didn't want to take one, I wasn't surprised, but I really didn't feel like arguing, so I just told him to play quietly for a while. I went downstairs and could hear him playing with his train track over the monitor. Then, in the next minute, I heard some grunting, then, I heard some snoring.

Now this wouldn't be blogworthy other than the fact that never in his three years of life has he been a nap initiator. He's never just fallen asleep while watching TV or while doing anything for that matter. But he got in his bed, pulled the covers over him, and the BOY FELL ASLEEP!

In other news, we just told the boy it was April Fools Day. Now for the past 15 minutes we've heard:
"I don't like milk. APRIL FOOLS!!!"
"I don't like yogurt parfaits. APRIL FOOLS!!!!"
"I don't like elephants. APRIL FOOLS!!!!"
"I don't like the sun. APRIL FOOLS!!!!"

Luckily we told him right before bed. It's very unfortunate that tomorrow is no longer April Fools.

No comments: