Wednesday, February 25, 2009

it's no pbs

We've been lucky enough to be able to keep Elian from commercials with PBS. But now that we have our digital TV, we get a lot more channels. One of them is QUBO. It is here where Elian found his new favorite show: Turbo Dogs. I mean, what's not to love about dogs WHO RACE CARS!?!?!?

Elian didn't really know what to think about commercials at first. He seemed mildly amused by all the screaming and flashy colors like he had just been slapped in the face with a chunk of Jell-o. He usually would ask me to fast-forward through them. Until he saw the one where the kids do EXTREME tricks with slippery shoes on carpet. That's when I noticed his jaw begin to drop and the drool start to trickle from his mouth. And that's also when I explained to him that a lot of toys just aren't as cool as they make them look on TV. "Hell, your Papa can spend all day in Photoshop working on a piece of pork to make it look more delicious!"

Since Turbo Dogs is only on once a week and he just discovered it a little over a month ago, we don't have too many episodes in our arsenal. That doesn't really matter though because lately he pretty much just wants to watch the most recent episode until he gets a new one. Today we were watching it together when an ad for Mini Aqua Globes came on. And these ad people would've peed their pants had they heard what came out of my four year-old boy's mouth:

"I wish I had an Aqua Globe."

And I silently thought, "I wish you still liked Word World on PBS!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. You got DIGITAL???? Welcome to the 21st century.

2. Papa really spends all day on one piece of pork?

3. I have aqua globes - they do not work like the commercial - they run out of water in 2 days (you can get them at walgreens or bed bath and beyond).

amy said...

1. Why, thank you.

2. Yes.

3. You have AQUA GLOBES!?!?