Sunday, February 18, 2007

we have TINKLE!!

We've been "practicing" on the potty lately and so far we've had three successful sittings.

The first time happened when Ed was in New York. As Elian sat on the potty, I sat on the bathtub and we just chatted. As he sat there and concentrated, it started to drip, drip, drip out. He said, "I did it mama!!" We both started laughing because we were so excited. Then he yelled, "Get a lollipop!" (I'd promised him one once he tinkled on the potty). So he sat on the bed and enjoyed his reward repeating over and over what I had told him, "tell papa all about it... Papa going to be so proud of you..."

The second time, he did it right before Ed was about to give him a bath. I'm so glad papa got to experience one of the early monumental ones. Apparently, this time it was more than a trickle, it was an actual stream. He was so excited, he made Ed carry him downstairs to tell me and we all shared a family hug/kiss session (we're gay that way).

The third time, it happened much the same as the first. Only this time with every dribble he got out, he would lean over and hug me with this giant smile on his face. It was the best thing ever.

I'm trying not to get too excited because as I understand it, this can happen then they can completely lose interest. The bribery has now evolved into two chocolate chips for every tinkle on the potty. Who wouldn't go tinkle on the potty for two chocolate chips? Did I mention it's Ghirardelli chocolate??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah Elian, what a big boy!!!!

Love, Aunt Karen and Isabelle