Wednesday, May 09, 2007

happy birthday puppers!



Today the best puppy in the world turned eight years old. And to celebrate, we all had a cupcake. Now you see it, now you don't.



And from the makers of "How to eat a donut", the much anticipated, "How to eat a cupcake." (In case I ever had a doubt the boy was my kid, this pretty much erases it.)



Elian bought Norman a Chuckit Junior for his birthday. Now he can chuck the ball for Norman alongside Papa in the morning. We tried it out and it quickly evolved into a game of Chuckit basketball. I'd include a clip but this entry is already a bit clip-heavy. Maybe another day.

And since tomorrow is Papa's birthday, much like he decided it would be a great idea to buy Uncle Mike a blue ball for his birthday, Elian decided it would even be a better idea to buy Papa a ball for his birthday. I mean, really, who doesn't need a ball? So he picked out a beautiful purple ball for Papa and we brought it home to wrap it (ie: stuff it in a birthday bag). I stressed to him that this was a SURPRISE for Papa and mum's the word...his birthday's not until tomorrow, blah, blah, blah. We hid it in the closet with the idea that Elian would present it to Ed tomorrow when he woke up. When I returned from work today, Elian insisted that he try Papa's ball out or "play with it a little bit," as he called it. I let him put a few bounces in before we went for our walk, then we put it back into the closet for hiding. Later, when Ed came home from work, Elian could barely contain himself. Ed wasn't in the door two seconds when Elian blurted out, "Papa, I have a SECRET... I have a present for you... come see it...IT'S A BALL!!!!!"

Guess who's now sleeping with the purple ball? I'll give you a hint, it's not Ed.

No comments: