Monday, March 02, 2009

profitable walks

In the past year or so, I have made almost $100 walking Norman.

On one occasion a while back, I found three $20 bills rolled up in the street. Another time, a single $20. And on two separate occasions, a single dollar. Then just the other day, Elian and I took Norman for a walk. We stopped at the playground so Elian could climb around a bit. We were getting ready to leave when he said, "Look, Mama" and pointed at some bills spread out in the snow. One five and three singles.

Usually when I come across free money like this, I throw it into Elian's college fund (aka: the giant glass jar we collect our change in). But since this find was his, I told him he could do whatever he wanted with it. He goes back and forth with wanting to save it and wanting to spend it on another HABA marble run piece. I had to break it to him that he would have to save a bit more before he could buy one HABA marble run piece since they start at about $20 each.

Come to think of it, I haven't seen that $8 since I put it on his pool table.

No comments: