Sunday, November 07, 2010

movie night

Last night we had movie night and watched Toy Story 3 (again). If you have not seen it, I can't recommend it enough.

The little man and I were in total snuggle mode on the couch. We got to the end of the movie when before heading off to college, Andy gives his toys away to a little girl (SOMEBODY GET MAMA A TISSUE!). I said to Elian, "So when you go off to college, do you think you might give Target to a little boy or girl?"

He responds, "I don't know. I'm not at that point yet." And there was more reflection and maturity in his response than I ever would've imagined. And I knew I wasn't blubbering because Andy was headed off to college, but that in about 12 fast years my little man will be.

(Unless he goes to the University of Minnesota and lives with Mama and Papa forever. I mean, not that I'm planning that...)

No comments: