Wednesday, February 08, 2006

calgon take me away

I think of myself as one who is prone to stress. But sometimes I wonder, am I more prone than others, or is it just some bad timing on the part of the stressors?

Take, for example, this sequence of events that happened yesterday:
I'm working on an ad with an art director, who lays out only his ideas -- ideas that are, let's just say, ALL WRONG. The account supervisor calls me in a panic. The ad's due in an hour and where did all these crazy ideas come from that have NOTHING TO DO WITH THE CREATIVE BRIEF??!!! At this very moment, Raisin decides he is going to turn his fuss on. As the account supervisor and I discuss our plan of attack, I give Raisin a bottle. Seconds later, said bottle proceeds to leak out of the top and down his neck to his chest and back. WHAAAAAAAA!!!!!! Cue doorbell: Ding-dong (actually, our doorbell is more of a Brrrrinnng). Dog goes into barking frenzy. Doorbell rings again. Dog runs to front window to rip out the jugular vein of the neighbor on front porch. I hang up.

Curtain closes.

No comments: