Sunday, May 14, 2006

the day of mamas

I wish every day could be Mother's Day because mine went a little something like this:

• Slept downstairs -- and slept in -- with my furry son while the Husband fielded all sleep interruptions by the boy.
• Woke up to breakfast of fresh-squeezed orange juice and 10-grain pancakes with blueberries, bananas and walnuts. (Excuse me as I wipe the drool from my keyboard.) In fact, the husband was my man slave -- correction, willing servant -- all day long.
• Received a gift of not one, but one and a half glorious hours of a hot-stone massage. (Mmmmm, hot stones.)
• Went on our usual morning family walk but today's was special because did I mention it was Mama's Day? Even creepy-house shotgun guy (who turned out to be very pleasant) wished me a happy Mother's Day.
• Did a little gardening while the boys played ball and flattened a good portion of the backyard greenery (if it's not the dog and his pee killing my garden, it's the boy and his ball). My willing servant lifted heavy pots and bags of soil that I was feeling too girly to lift.
• Received extra gardening help from my special little guy (see photos below).
• Topped off the day with bathtime duties while the husband whipped up a feast of jerk salmon with honey-ginger dipping sauce.

I'm a lucky, lucky mama.



No comments: