Tuesday, March 20, 2007

riverboat

Today, while pushing Raisin around the shopping cart at the store, he kept saying what I thought was, "I want to go on a river boat." I quickly assumed it was something our pal Calliou said (or whined) in some episode where Calliou imagined he was involved in some elaborate riverboat gambling drama. So, I said what any good mother would say, "Mmm, hmm. A riverboat? That's nice." He looked a little frustrated and tried to annunciate a little more. "Yep. Got it...a riverboat. I wish we could go on a riverboat too." Finally, as we approached the checkout lane, he said it again. "I want to put it on the conveyor belt!"

River boat, conveyor belt -- it's all the same.

Stupid mama.

1 comment:

bon bon said...

HA! i can picture the girl bagging your groceries wearing a big, ostridge feather headdress.