Tuesday, June 24, 2008

the henrik factor

There's a little boy named Henrik that we've known since the boys were in baby class together. We haven't seen Henrik very much recently but he goes to Elian's pre-school mornings and he was at the field trip to the farm.

We've had this ongoing shtick involving Henrik for quite some time now. It started when Elian made me a popsicle-stick frame for Mother's Day at pre-school. When I picked him up I told him how much I loved it and how I couldn't wait to put his picture in it. He said, "Don't put my picture in it." Then I replied, "Well, whose picture would I put in it?" And out of the blue, he responded, "Henrik's". This quickly became a little joke of ours. When Elian doesn't want to do something that I think would be fun, I sometimes nonchalantly bring up Henrik's name, "Ooooh, I wonder if Henrik would want to do it..." This may sound mean but the boy totally gets the joke and he plays along with it. Henrik's name comes up more than you might expect in our house.

Fast forward to today. I was singing some silly song at breakfast time about "Who's my special little guy?" Not missing a beat, and as about as off-key as I was, Elian sings back, "Hen-rikkkkkkk"

No comments: