Monday, August 24, 2009

enter the can-can phase

(This one goes out to Monkey who insisted he reads Hernan-dos and wants me to get off my lazy ass and resume the account of our boy.)

So a while back Ed's parents brought our nephew Thurston for a visit. I can't remember how old Thurston is, but he is a few years older than Elian. Maybe 8?

Anyway, we were all sitting around the house chatting. All except Thurston who had tons of energy that needed releasing. As a result he was jumping around the house doing the can-can and singing the music. Ed and I looked on in horror. Thank God, OUR son doesn't have that kind of energy we thought.

Well, recently Elian has proven us wrong. He DOES have that kind of energy. And then some. One day he was exerting the energy doing some sort of crazy song. Maybe he was singing one of the songs from the Songs of Music but in mock-Chinese. Ed looked over to me and said, "I think we've officially entered the Can-Can stage."

I'm not sure why I've been in such a blog rut. Maybe I can blame it on the summer fun and not wanting to sit down in front of the computer. Or maybe it's because Elian has been doing just too many funny things lately that I can no longer keep up with them. But after hearing from my reader, I'm going to try to make more of an effort to get this started again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YES! HERNAN-DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS LIVES!!!!!

bon bon said...

i was about to write myself to see if you guys fell off the planet. good to have you back! :o)