Sunday, September 10, 2006

labor day weekend '06

Except for the part where I was hurling (and something else) my guts out the entire first night from apparent food poisoning, our long weekend up north was splendid.

There was a new game invented this year called "Tickle Splash." When you throw the rock into the water, you get tickled. Raisin loved it and made many a request for tickle splash. He also enjoyed the basketball hoop which we were able to lower enough for his amusement. But that wasn't half as fun as watching papa act like a caged gorilla on the other side of the fence.

Our trip to the grocery store the first night there, I needed a box of tissues. I let little e pick it out for me -- a huge metallic box of Puffs tissues decorated with balls. He loved that box of tissue -- until we got it back to the cabin and he realized there were no balls inside the box (even after lifting the tissue to make sure they weren't hiding underneath).

He's now at the point where he recognizes toys and recognizes that he wants them. Being inside this touristy shop with their American-Indian-inspired knick knacks, made me recall the days when we'd go on family vacations when I was younger. When you're on vacation, every toy at the touristy stands looks so much cooler than it actually is. We ended up buying Raisin this little blue tractor. I hope that when he plays with it he remembers our stop at the logging camp to feed the goats and llamas.





No comments: