Sunday, September 17, 2006

a mother's worse nightmare

My child likes Elmo.

As much as I tried to avoid it and give Grover the hard sell, it looks like Elmo has won him over.

It started with a few innocent games of keyboard-o-rama on Sesamestreet.com. But today he requested Elmo on TV. Up until then, he hasn't really been very interested in Sesame Street. So before his nap, I pulled an episode of Sesame Street off the Tivo and we fast forwarded to Elmo's World. There he sat. Captivated. Apparently under some sort of trance brought on by Elmo's annoying, er, I mean, adorable high-pitched voice.

In the meantime, I will not stop my campaigning efforts. Long live lovable furry ol' Grover!! I just have to remember, it could be worse.

It could be Barney.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I know where he can get a good deal on an "already loved" Elmo....

amy said...

Mmm, no thanks.