Tuesday, April 03, 2007

diagnosis: tapeworm

Ever since the Miracle Waffle Incident, the boy's appetite has been insatiable. This morning he ate 1 1/2 waffles and about 15 minutes afterwards, he wanted more waffles. Then came the snack requests after snack requests. After an ugly moment of crying and block throwing, I suggested some milk. He slammed it down and asked for more. Then he said, "I'm better, Mama. I'm nice now."

I write this now as he devours the egg I just made him -- the one he requested the minute he woke up from his nap. I was a bit skeptical, but now seeing him eat it like it was his first meal of the day, I'm glad I did.

The good news about this virus he had: We may have successfully (and painlessly) phased out the Nuk. He had no appetite for the Nuk while he was sick, so now we're riding the Nuk-free wave and we'll see where it goes.

The bad news about this virus (aside from the 8 miles of landfill we produced with poopy diapers): There has been a Calliou relapse.

No comments: