Monday, August 13, 2007

sleepyhead station

Tonight when I put little e to bed, he gave me the usual stall tactics. Then there were the demands to see me upstairs. Stat. My second time back up there, I handed him his flashlight and told him the usual, "If you can't get to sleep, just play in your crib for a while," figuring that would ease some of the pressure.

After I was back downstairs for a while, I began to hear some strange noises over the monitor. Almost like he was building something. But he was quiet and seemingly content, so I let it go. I figured he was probably just knocking his flashlight on the side of his crib. He finally fell asleep.

Later, when I went upstairs to bed, I stopped in his room to give him a quick check. There by his head lay an impressive railroad track complete with signal and "T" track intersection. It's amazing how far those little tiny arms can stretch when they really want to reach something.

Just play in his crib a while he did. Indeed.

No comments: