Sunday, November 11, 2007

pies, squirrels and pumpkins

Friday we got a call on the Pie Phone. "Amy, I have two pie crusts for you. Come and pick them up." So off we went to Lempi's house to fetch them.

On the way out the front door, we saw the remains of our little front-step pumkins -- seeds scattered every which way. Surely the work of some childhood prank, you're thinking. Au contraire, my friends. This is the work of my nemesis, the squirrel.

"Hmmm, looks like the squirrels have been feasting on our pumpkins," I said. To which little e replied, "Maybe they're trying to CARVE them. Hahahahaha!" Good one. My son, the comedian.

We visited with Lempi for a while when Elian decided to tickle her. And tickle her. "Tickle, dickle, ickle, ickle, ickle..." This may not have have been worth mentioning except for the fact that Lempi is going to be 94 in April.

So here's a picture I shot of the perpetrator. Excuse the blur. It was taken at a distance. Through a dirty window.

No comments: