Saturday, October 25, 2008

creepy, creepy, creepy

Ed's parents gave Elian this creepy little pumpkin for Halloween last year. Sure, looks innocent enough in a photo. But if you wack it on something, it gives off this maniacal crazy-pumpkin-killer laughter.

I had taken it out of the box of Halloween decorations and set it on the bottom step. Occasionally on his way upstairs to bed, Elian would give it a whack and make it cackle. Fast forward to the other night. I went out with a couple of friends. When I came home, Ed and Elian were both asleep. I crept upstairs and quietly climbed into bed. About ten minutes later, I hear at the bottom of the stairs. "Muahh haa ha ha ha ha ha...!" I wake up Ed in my terror. He reports that it's been going on for a while. I try to settle, but then it happens again. "Muahh ha ha ha ha..!" And again. I know I'm not going to be able to sleep with a psychotic pumpkin laughing maniacally through the night. So I go downstairs to "have it removed." I figure the only place that I can put it where I won't be able to hear it is in the basement. So I creep down the stairs and set it on a shelf. As I turn around and make my way up the stairs, I hear, "Muahh hahahahahaha!"

No comments: