Wednesday, October 28, 2009

lollipop karma

I never blogged about our annual trip to the North Shore this year for a few reasons. One being that I wrote notes about the trip on the back of some work papers. When I finished that work, they wound up in the recycler. Oops. Secondly, the resident Hernan-dos photographer never flagged his favorite photos from the trip. He's all about the movie clips these days. Photos are so yesterday. Anyway, I get overwhelmed looking at all the photos. Give me the cliff notes, baby!

Anywho, there were a few little funny things that I wanted to write down before I forgot them entirely:

1. When we went to Betty's Pies, in the lobby they had a couple little boxes collecting money for various charities. They also were selling big delicious lollipops. Elian asked if he could get one of the lollipops and Ed told him he would give him a dollar. He could decide if it should go to a hungry child or if he should use it to buy a lollipop for himself. Cruel, I know. See what I have to live with? But guess what my sweet-toothed-lollipop-crazed little man picked? He chose to give his dollar to the hungry children! Talk about a proud Mama moment. IN YOUR FACE YOU PEOPLE WHO SAY ONLY CHILDREN DON'T KNOW HOW TO SHARE! As a reward, Ed bought him two lollipops.

2. Then there was the trip we took to the Portland Malt shop. Or should I say ONE of the trips we took to the Portland Malt shop. When the girl at the window asked Elian what kind of ice cream he wanted, he responded, "Chocolate with a layer of chocolate on it." When she told him they didn't have dipped cones, he asked for sprinkles. Strike two, no sprinkles. But that didn't keep him down. He was going to get extra sugar one way or another. He started panning the back of the ice cream stand. That's when he spotted some spray whipped cream and said, "I see you have some of that!"

3. And finally, when we were taking a little hike around Gooseberry Falls, we came upon this thin ledge that jutted out with trees growing out the top of it. When Elian saw it, he said, "It looks like something out of a Dr. Seuss book!" and it truly did.









No comments: