Tuesday, October 13, 2009

rain man

Every once in a while, the little man freaks my freak. Like the other day. We were playing this golf game (surprise, surprise), seeing who could hit the golf ball closest to a block. Sometimes there would be an argument about who was closest. That's when he would pull out his measuring tape to confirm the results. One time, after one of us hit the ball, he said right away without grabbing the measuring tape, "That's about 32 inches." I measured to see for myself. It was 32 inches. Exactly.

Then today, we were enjoying a little quiet time. He was doing his thing, I was doing mine. After about a half hour, he was done. He came over to me and looked at the remaining pages of my book and said,
"Is that what you just read?"
"No," (fanning pages) "This is what I read during our quiet time."
"So 28 pages, right?"
"I don't know, maybe it's about 28 pages."
"Let's count."
"Well, I don't really need to count, I can just look at the page number where I started and then look at the page number where I ended and subtract." (Subtracting 380 from 408.) "Yep, it's 28 pages, Rain Man."

No comments: