Tuesday, October 13, 2009

quote of the day

Yesterday, Ed had the day off work (hooray, Christopher Columbus!). Elian had his Monday morning daycare, so Ed and I had a romantic shopping spree date at Target and REI followed by lunch at Good Earth. We had to sort of rush through the lunch part so we could pick up the little man in time, so there was no dessert (gasp!). Ed suggested we make up for it with a trip to Cafe Latte after picking the boy up. And who was I to argue? Just take one look here and you'll know why.

We took our mammoth-sized dessert selections (chocolate chocolate cake and some sort of berry crumble if you must know) and sat down. There was a dude sitting nearby with some funky cheetah-spots dyed in his hair. I said to Elian, "Hey, buddy, look at that guys hair, he looks like a leopard."

He looks around and looks around.

I point. "Over there, buddy!"

He looks around and looks around. I can tell he can't see what I'm talking about. And proving my point he says, "Oh yeah, he does look like a leprechaun!"

No comments: