Friday, October 08, 2010

2010 the summer of bravery

I suppose I should do a very quick re-cap of the summer since I have been absent to the blogging scene. It went as followed:

Work was slow, very, very slow. Do you see those tumbleweeds? But on the bright side, (besides the bright side of not working) I got to spend gobs of time with one of my favorite boys (my other favorite being Norman -- HA! I kid). We hung out at the pool by our house a lot and the little man learned to swim. Like a fish. Not only that, but he got brave enough to go down the yellow slide at the water park. And a few weeks before the pool closed for the season, he started going down the red slide. Yes, the red slide.

At the beginning of summer, he learned to ride a bike! Now he's like a two-wheelin' fool and there's no stopping him. With the patience of a saint and a stronger lower back than mine, Ed took on the responsibility of teaching him how to ride. They practiced in the water-park parking lot before the pool opened for the year. Baby step, by baby step, he got braver and braver. Before you know it, he's going off curbs and threatening to do wheelies and Evil Kenevil-style jumps.

We had our trip to Lake Tahoe which included a visit with old college friends and an emergency-room visit for the boy. And of course, our visit to the North Shore. I'd show you pictures but the Hernan-dos resident photographer has retired. He's all about the movies now. Nobody wants to see those boring ol' non-moving images. Ahem.

That about sums it up. I'm sure I've left out a "few" details here and there.

In other news, I just ate way too many homemade graham crackers from the farmers' market.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Those graham crackers are for s'mores!

amy said...

Oh, I had s'more!

bon bon said...

i was guessing you'd return to blogging to say you were pregnant, and sick all summer. ha!

fantastic to hear the little man likes kindergarten. seems it's always harder on the parent than the child.

glad your summer of learning went well (sans the ER trip)! :oD