Sunday, September 09, 2007

lake withdrawal

We must be missing Lake Superior because this morning we decided to go out to breakfast and take a walk around Lake Harriet in our pre-Elian neighborhood. The little man got his fill of rock throwing and as we made our way around the lake, he treated fellow walkers to a chorus of whys and an unusual amount of puppy yelping.

We re-introduced him to the troll tree, home of Mr. Little Guy. Not that I want my little boy to grow up any faster, but I can't wait until he's old enough to get into the troll tree (maybe next year?). I think I would've peed my pants over it as a child given my love of little people. I only hope the beautiful soul who puts the time into performing the troll magic, doesn't lose interest by then. We found two ziplock baggies inside the tree with responses to kids who had left notes. We wondered if people realized they were notes from the troll as it seemed there were too many to have been left behind. Perhaps Mr. Little Guy just writes a chunk of responses at a time.

We passed the band shelter and consession house and Elian said, "Do they sell ice cream there?" Is it possible he remembered that from last year or did it just look like a place that sold ice cream? He is getting pretty savvy at recognizing places that house sweets.

There was some sort of race that was finishing up so there was a bit of hoopla around there. Free Naked juice samples, mini donuts, Famous Daves, climby thing with giant slide, and bouncing castle that Elian cautiously jumped in twice. I think we picked a good day to go.

No comments: