Monday, March 03, 2008

the weekend in review

We had a jim-dandy weekend here at the Hernandezeseseses. Friday night, Ed went out with the boys, so the little man and I had a date. We went out for pizza and ice cream and might I say he was a true gentleman.

Saturday night we took Elian to his first basketball game. We checked out the local high school basketball schedule and saw the De La Salle Highschool Islanders against the Minneapolis North Polars. I wasn't sure who to root for given my little sister went to Minneapolis North. But since we were at De La Salle for the game, I thought maybe we should root, root, root for the home team. So we rooted for both teams.

We got some popcorn, a coke and Elian picked out a giant snicker bar -- all for the low, low price of $3. What a deal. The little man sat captivated through almost the entire game, gnawing away at his snicker bar and wiping chocolate drool from his face. He couldn't believe all the basketballs flying around during warmup. It was quite an exciting game. According to the chatty dude sitting next to me, apparently De La Salle's star player had just been expelled. And he was ranked like number something in the nation, blah, blah, blah! Alas, De La Salle lost by one point. Stupid expulsion -- that'll teach ya, kid.

On Sunday we went bowling. We wouldn't tell the little dude where we were going. He was pleasantly surprised when we arrived at the bowling alley. They had bumpers and even a little ramp to roll the ball down. I'm proud to say I broke 100. I think I need to play with bumpers more often -- and maybe a ramp.

No comments: