Sunday, July 06, 2008

leechy keen

Every year, the little man and I meet my family and my brother's in-laws up north for a few nights of cabin-by-the-lake fun. This year marked two enormous milestones for Elian: tubing and a big-time crush on a girl named Rachel (or "Rangel" his pet name for her). I present the highlights:


Fishing with Grandpa.



Sandcastles with Rangel.
(You should've seen this boy. He was just head over heals about Rangel. Totally smitten. At one point he said to me, "Mama, I can't stop looking at her." Another time, he told her that he missed her while she was out on the tube. He wanted to sit next to her at dinner and just gaze into her eyes. When we left he gave her a little kiss. We saw her again as we packed up the car and he picked a dandelion and gave it to her. He's a little charmer.)



Tubing with Rangel and cousin Emma.
Last year he wasn't too fond of the tubing -- I don't think he ever actually made it into the tube. This year there was no stopping him. He just wanted to go faster and faster and would've stayed out there all day if we let him.




Beanbag toss with Rangel.




As far as he's concerned, the only thing that comes even close to tubing is driving Grandpa's boat. Why, yes, that is a Barbie life jacket -- what's it to ya?!?


No comments: