Thursday, July 24, 2008

a most awesome morning

Some days are just extra ultra-perfect with the little man. Today was one of them. Just one of those days when he was in a good mood, I was in a good mood and everything seemed to click. There was no rushing. No fussing. And we just had a blast doing really mundane things.

He woke up happy and didn't fuss a bit when I told him he had to take a bath after breakfast. There would be no time for marble-run making this morning. We took a no-nonsense bath and headed to his very first dentist appointment. I had talked it up quite a bit so he was really excited. I was a tad nervous because his front teeth had a bit of discoloration and I had convinced myself he had baby bottle mouth and would need an emergency root canal.

We got to his appointment and his hygienist was great. He laid amazingly still while she cleaned AND FLOSSED his teeth. Luckily, the discoloration was just a little staining and it brushed right off. So much for the verbal spankings and tsk tsks I thought I was going to get about giving him too many bottles in bed when he was a baby. He did such an amazing job at the dentist, I told him we could go to one of our favorite places, Intelligent Nutrients, and get a smoothie. We get there. He can practically taste the smoothie he's going to soon be enjoying. And the CAFETERIA IS CLOSED! AGAIN! Going to IN was becoming a family weekend tradition until they decided to no longer keep the food portion open on weekends. But this was a Thursday. Apparently they were re-doing the floors for some big event they were hosting. Why are you torturing me so, Horst Rechelbacher!!!?!?!? Just when I got my Frequent Customer card too! Luckily, the little man and I maintained our inner calm when the nice woman apologized and handed us one of these with a 15% discount card. We decided Caribou Coffee was going to have to do as our consolation prize. And we sat outside as he sipped his smoothie and I my iced latte.

Next, we paid a visit to one of our favorite places -- PETSMART! On to the kitties! Pet, pet, pet. Awwwwwwww.

Then, we made a quick stop to Rainbow where Mama got some sushi. And since he was such a good boy at the dentist, what better way to celebrate then to finally let him try those bone-shaped candies he always wants to get from the gumball machine!

When we got home, I boiled up a little pot of edamame and we ate lunch outside. He ate a piece of my sushi and 3/4 of the edamame. I'm not sure how much of his love for edamame is the actual soy bean or the fun of removing said bean from the pod. And all the salt. I had to stop him from licking all the salt off the skin (and from the bowl).

We wrapped up the morning with a marble run construction (didn't think I was going to get through a whole morning without creating a marble run, did you?). Then we headed upstairs for some stories before "nap." As I type this I can hear his "Winnie-the-Pooh" stories over the monitor as he pretends to be sleeping (but I know better). In a few minutes, I will hear, "Mama, I'm done with my nap!" but he will not have slept a wink. Did I say a few minutes? I meant right now. Apparently somebody's "done" with their "nap" and has to go potty. Again. Should've stopped him at half that smoothie.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Intelligent Nutrients cafeteria was closed because IN is launching a USDA certified organic haircare line shorly and they were presenting it to select businesses at a big meeting over the weekend.

amy said...

Oooh, nice. Thanks, stormsister. Any chance IN might consider opening the cafeteria for weekend hours again (please say yes, please say yes...)?

Anonymous said...

I'm not certain. I'm just a retailer of their products, so I don't know what their plans are, sorry.