Monday, July 23, 2007

quote of the day

(Heard while eavesdropping on a conversation between the little man and the kind lady who was bagging our groceries.)

Elian: "Do you have balls at home?"

Employee: "Balls, sure I have some for my grandbabies..."

Elian: "Do you have big ones? I have some big, big ones. And I have teeny tiny ones too."

Employee: "Oh, you do? That's great!"

Elian: "Do you have a basketball at your house?"

Employee: "Yes, I have lots of balls for my grandbabies..."

Elian: "Do you have a marble thing at your house?"

Elian: "One that goes, round n' round n' round n' round n' round. BLOOP! in the hole?"

Employee: "Do I have what?"

Elian: "Do you have a marble thing? I have a marble thing...one that goes, round n' round n' round n' round n' round..."

Employee: "Boy, sounds like you have a lot of things at your house."

Elian: "Do you have a Home Depot by your house?"

Employee: (BLINK, BLINK)

Elian: "Do you have a grocery store by your house?"



(At this point the woman's eyes are glassed over and she's moved on to the next customer with great relief.)

2 comments:

Lilah said...

I think there were about 5 "that's what she said" opportunities in that conversation!

amy said...

I think you mean, "That's what HE said."