Wednesday, November 30, 2005

is it so wrong?

Today I practically kissed the babysitter when she walked through the door. The past two nights, Ed has worked until the wee hours which has also wreaked havoc on our morning routine -- the routine where mama gets to take a shower.

Don't get me wrong, I love spending time with Raisin like nobody's business. But I'd need a break from the most delicious chocolate in the world if I gorged on it for 12 hours straight. So why the guilt?

It's not like we're parents who crave time away from our child. Ed and I very rarely go out without the boy. I think it's just the consecutive hours of one-on-one time that do me in. I can only pull him away from the peril that is the Herman Miller Aeron chair so many times in a day. Then there are the expressions of displeasure brought on by any pause in the three-ring mama circus.

But now I've been away from him for a little over two hours. Apparently that's all I needed. Because now I miss him like mad.

No comments: