Wednesday, November 23, 2005

some of the best. things. ever.



• When you stop what you're doing, we make eye contact, and you crawl across the room just to give me a kiss.
• Your old-man-with-emphysema laugh.
• Sharing my cereal with you in the morning. How you crawl over and brace yourself with your pudgy little hands on my leg. Even though you ate A MERE 15 MINUTES AGO, you pull my arm toward you because apparently, I'm not getting the spoon to your mouth fast enough. And you eat off the spoon like a baby bird with soy milk dripping down your chin.
• That rare moment when you fall asleep on your floor pillow, while drinking your morning bottle.
• The way you say "spoon."
• When you feed me Cheerios with the same hands that were, just moments before, in the dog's mouth.
• Watching Sesame Street with you. Okay, that's more for me than for you.
• When you put your forehead to mine and do your trademark squeal.
• Our private time together just before you go to bed.
• Hearing you say, "Mama."
• How, when you smile, you use every muscle in your face.

No comments: