Tuesday, November 22, 2005

random thought #1

Okay, so I have what some might call a monkey mind. When you have a monkey mind, your brain doesn't stop. And while that sounds like that might be a good thing, I'm here to tell you, it's not.

My husband likes to call me "Brian Fellows" as in the character on SNL who daydreams about monkeys getting married or some such nonsense when he's supposed to be listening to the person he's interviewing on his show "Safari Planet." That's totally me. When I ask for directions, it goes something like this:

DIRECTION GIVER: Take a right at this stop sign, go three miles down Acme Street, at the second stop light you'll see a Burger King, then, take a left....

I nod my head along in agreement as if I'm following everything Mr. Direction Giver is telling me. But here's what follows:

ME IN CAR: "Hmmm, okay, take a right at the stop sign... um, now what?"

I like to think of myself as an "idea person." Because when it comes to ideas, I have lots of 'em. But rarely do I anything about said ideas. Sometimes they're not really ideas, per se -- more like random thoughts, like this one. Ladies and gentlemen (or Ed), I present you Random Thought #1 (cue music, enter dancing girls stage left):

You know when you see gang graffitti on stuff? This is what I wonder: How do all gangsters learn the gang-style penmanship? It's always in the same gangy-style font. It doesn't look like an easy style to replicate freehand -- must take lots of practice. Is there some kind of gangsta-writing class members must attend to learn this style? Is learning it part of the initiation?

That's all. Stay tuned for Random Thought #2....

No comments: